Monday, June 11, 2012

1.28: Never Look a Gift Tractor In The Mouth

"Boy, you are a grouch! That's what I get for marrying a man 68 years older than I am!"

Well, it's Oliver's birthday... and the tractor is finally really bothering him. And, Lisa decides to get him a tractor... So, how does Mr. Ziffel end up with it? Through Comedy, my friends. Very funny comedy. Jay & Dick are cooking along here. Lisa at her silliest, visiting with the Tractor Salesman, talking to Oliver about gifts and, then, letting the Ziffels have the tractor.

It's Oliver's birthday but Lisa gets the episode. And the Ziffels share it with her. I love Mrs. Ziffel's general assumption that Lisa and her husband must have something going on. The incredible age range doesn't even factor in. I love how happy Mr. Ziffel is to get the tractor and Oliver gets so excited for him. The reaction Oliver has when he knows that the tractor is his but the Ziffels would be better off with it is priceless. I've had that reaction.

And, Oliver's "What did you say, Mrs. Ziffel?' as Arnold oinks on the radio always makes me laugh.

Turns out the city folks are really nice folks. We always knew they would be, though.

1 comment:

  1. City folks are nice people HA The expressions on the faces of Lisa and Oliver when they try to get the tractor back are priceless. I love the little running joke in this episode of the age difference between Lisa and Oliver.

    ReplyDelete